Latest Posts

ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip Prim

By 7:11 PM

I've always liked reds.  There is something that makes me happy when I wear red.  A red lip makes you feel something.  It's like you know you own it.  My favorites are the blue reds, but there was something about this red that made me want it too.  It's not a prim and proper red, it's slightly naughtier.

The Ultra Satin lip formula is different than the Ultra Matte formula.  The Ultra Satin formula will transfer.  If you get it expecting a transfer proof lip, you will be a sad, sad panda.


Many of the Ultra Satin Lips do not come with matching pencils.  However, ColourPop does have shades that it recommends with each color.  Prim does not have a matching liner.  ColourPop recommends the Creature Pencil with Prim.


This product is made in the USA, not tested on animals, gluten free, and is vegan.  They ship to the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, and APOs.

The Prim Ultra Satin Lip sells for $6.00 for the full size 3.2 grams of product.


The applicator is a  doe foot.  The size makes it fairly easy to apply your lipstick.  However, you can use a lip brush for a cleaner application and with reds, that's sometimes a really good idea as they are not so much fun when they get messy.


My skin looks like it glows in the dark, right?  It is a deep, blackened red that totally feels the vampy vibe.  This would look lovely on so many skin tones.  I've heard that it's like a redder LAX, but as I don't own LAX, I can't really say.  What I can say is that this is everything I wished Dahlia would be.

Left to Right: CP Prim and CP Dahlia
I loved the color of Dahlia, which is slightly brighter than Prim.  But it was so messy to work with and patchy that I think I only wore it once.


The application is smooth and creamy.  It is quite opaque.  The texture is thicker than the Ultra Mattes.  It has Energizer Bunny powers and can go about 8 hours.  You will want to exfoliate and moisturize, just because...red lips.  It is very comfortable and easy to apply.  It does leave behind a slight stain which does help it wear down in a good way.  It may feel drier on the tail end of wear, but it's definitely not a matte lipstick form of dry.  It may smudge through the day.  So after eating, you do want to check this one.


While it does last long, excessive oils will break it down.  Or it's just the avocado oil I used to take it off.  Random fact, this is the lippie I tried on before before Marshmallow and you can see a slight red tinge on the outside of my lips from it.

This one is a real winner.  I just adore it.  I'm thinking it is a better autumn color, but let me tell you how much I care when I rock this color.  Lucky you ladies who it is autumn for right now.

* I bought Prim with my own hard earned nickels and dimes.  I didn't pay with nickels and dimes, except in an electronic form as mailing bags of small change doesn't end well.

You Might Also Like

0 comments