Latest Posts

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré Review (Winter Skin)

By 11:15 PM

For years I have watched YouTube videos about skin care.  One thing that kept coming up was the Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré.  I have to admit, I was very skeptical.  It was mostly because many of the videos I was watching were of women in England.  England and my dry, cold, then suddenly warm, then beyond cold Colorado in the winter and dry and hot in the summer, are two very different climates.  I realize the popular conception is that American women go gaga for French cosmetics because we see the French as being mysterious and gorgeous.  I won't say they aren't, but it was actually one of my concerns (being formulated in France for their skin concerns).  Colorado is so freaking dry.

 So, I thought that there was a high chance would not love this moisturizer as much as the legendary Pixiwoo sisters did.    Even the amazing Lisa Eldridge mentioned this her menopause video.  The glorious Fleur DeForce did a haul video with this.  The hilarious Essie Button (Estée), who is Canadian, but lives in England mentioned this in an empties video.

Teni Panosian, also did this in a favorites video.  I wanted to try it, but I didn't have high thoughts for it.  Different conditions, you know?  Remind me one of these days to tell you about the change in my skin when I lived in Texas....

But the name sounded like embryos and that freaked me out.  Note: it doesn't contain embryos.  It's just named thus because it's supposed to make your skin soft like a baby.  It's also supposed to prime your face, which I didn't know before lots of reading.

Getting my feet wet...(Note: I did not apply to my feet)
Birchbox had the 1 oz for about $16.00.  Yes, I know, that's tiny and the math follows getting the bigger one, but I was scared! $16.00 is easier to reason than $28.00 for something you don't know if you'll like.

According to Embryolisse they were created in the 50's when a "Paris hospital dermatologist specializing in skin diseases"  created this formula.

The container is like a foil tube rather than a plastic one.

"Ingredients

Aqua. Paraffinum Liquidum. Stearic Acid. Glyceryl Stearate. Triethanolamine. Cera Alba. Cetyl Palmitate. Butyrospermum Parkii. Steareth-10. Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin. Laureth-7. Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis. 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol. Tropolone. Parfum.
Note: Paraben Free and Not Tested on Animals"

I used this after an exfoliating mask to try and it felt as though my skin was drinking this in.  It is quite thick, nearly unscented, and my winter skin adores this.  I think I heard it cry the few nights I tried to wear something else. 
Can you see how thick and luscious that is?
It's supposed to be great for all skin types, I'm not 100% sure about it being good for oily skin, but then again, oils are good for oily skin, maybe it helps the skin produce less oil because it's already quite moisturized.

 I've been using it mostly morning and nightly since purchasing.  I have used it to remove my makeup, it does fairly well.  It won't remove cosmetics quite as well as my avocado oil, but it doesn't clog my sink as far as I know, either.  So...umm, maybe Embryolisse wins there (if we count my sink's vote)! 
65th Year Anniversary Packaging.
I had already made my Sephora order (contents coming soon in various blog posts) and then I saw this.  Gold packaging.  Okay, I've come to realize I'm a little more cool than warm, doesn't mean that I don't love gold.  
This is 2.5 oz.
This formula is very rich.  It is perfect at night.  During the day, as I have mentioned, I use the Wayne Goss foundation over powder routine.  Seriously, if you don't do this, at least give it a whirl.  The Lait-Crème works beautifully with this method.  I finish up with an Hourglass Ambient Powder and it's perfect for my normal skin.  If you don't, this might be a little rich to wear under make-up.

My skin feels deliciously soft and supple with this stuff.  I keep having to resist touching my face because it feels so soft! I had an eye cream I was trying that made my under eye burn and this saved me.  I have also put it on my lips when they were ubër dry (like after doing a ton of those lippie swatches lol) and it helped!

I'm not going to kid you, it's not the cheapest moisturizer out there.  I'm not sure it will be the best in the summer when I will want SPF (yes, I know, SPF is still important in the winter, yes, I'm still wearing sunscreen in the day) and it's 90 degrees Fahrenheit and makeup melts from my face in gross oily trails.  But for the winter this is wonderful.  It's also not the Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow, which I want so bad but $55.00 for 1.4 oz.  Ouchies!

I did note that it said that it was not tested on animals vs cruelty free and it did not have leaping bunny logo.  I don't know if that means the individual ingredients were not tested, but the final product was?  Or what?  So, grain of salt with that but some what happy.

So, since winter is winding down, you may find the small size suits your budget and your needs better.  $16.00 for a moisturizer is pretty good.  If you find that you want to try to use it to remove your makeup, buy the larger size, it should last you until spring.

I like this product and found it to be good for winter.  If you would like, I will let you know how I feel about it for spring and summer.  But I'm placing my bets now; too heavy for day in summer, great over a sun burn, good for removal of makeup, and once a week for night mask or more frequently if tanning or burned.

*Embryolisse does not know je parle français, nor do they care.  They do not care about Americanized idolization of French skin care and did not send me any for free.  I bought my small size from Birchbox without use of points (I have very few and am saving) and then my larger size from Sephora, using Ebates (that's my link and I get points when people use it).

You Might Also Like

0 comments