Latest Posts

2016 October Boxycharm First Look

By 10:13 PM

I always look forward to getting my subscription boxes, but I have to admit, Boxycharm is my favorite box.  Every time I receive a box it has been worth every penny and then some.  If you want, this is my referral link.  When you refer a friend you receive 500 points.  You also receive points just for getting a box delivered! 


For $21.00 a month you get four to five full size products. The points earned take off money in the store.  The store isn't as extensive as Birchbox, but it's still pretty good.  1000 points will take off $10.00, 2000 takes off $20.00, and so on.  It also contains a card that lists the prices and information on the products you receive.


This month's theme was Boxy Bazaar.  I'm still unsure how often these themes are valid but whatever, lol.

Temptu
First up was the Temptu Shimmer Bronzer.  This was a full size product and sells for $29.50.  I really wanted the Ofra Highlighter, but oh well.  This can be used in several ways.  You can use it with the airbrush, you can mix with your foundation or lotion and go for the full body glow, you can use with a brush, and more.  To be honest, I probably won't use this.  Bronzers are not usually too friendly with my skin.

Luxie
I was so excited to get this.  I love getting brushes, you just can't have too many.  The Luxie Beauty Eye Blender Brush Pack retails for $36.00.  All the brushes are quite soft.  They have a pink handle and a rose gold ferrule.  The first brush is the 237 Blending brush, by it's self it is $12.00.  There was also the 205 Tapered Blending Brush, also $12.00 individually.  The last brush is also $12.00 and is the 229 Tapered Blending Brush.  These are pretty god brushes and I may already have them, but I won't complain about that.

Briogeo
I also received the Briogeo Rosarco Blowdry Crème.  It is full sized at 118 ml and sells for $24.00.  It has rosehip, aragan, and coconut oils.  It is supposed to protect your hair up to 425°.  It doesn't have phthalates, parabens, and sulfates.  I have enjoyed other Briogeo products that we've received previously and I look forward to trying this!

Next up was the Starlooks Matte Lip Paint in Piquant, this was 7 g of full size fun.  It sells for $19.00.  It seems to be a mauve color.  I love liquid lipsticks so I'll be happy to give this a try.  The story of Starlooks is rather sweet and came from a moment when Marci had worked with a young woman with vitiligo.  It did feel a little drying so it's probably best to moisturize prior to use.  Unlike me.  Obviously.

 The last item in the box I somehow completely missed.  I was in the bathroom, trying on the lipsticks and scrubbing swatches off my arm when I realized there had been something else in the box.  I ran back in to find this Three's Company Iby Beauty eyeshadow trio.  It is full size and has three 0.04 oz eyeshadows.  Iby stands for "Inspired by You." This is a nice little trio for travel.  I am happy to have this although it is fairly similar to the last eyeshadow palette we received.

I love Boxycharm, I really haven't had a bad box yet.  This is my favorite, but...I have been getting Glossybox, so when I receive that, I'll compare this box to that.

* I purchased this box with my own money.

You Might Also Like

0 comments