Latest Posts

October 2016 Birchbox First Look

By 2:00 AM


Birchbox finally came after some post office fails.  It's a $10.00 a month subscription box. Their points system used to be awesome but had some... eh changes.  You can refer friends for 50 points and if you ever want to use my link it's here. You'll earn points for your first five reviews, your points will expire after 6 months, but you'll still earn points for your purchases, inviting friends, and sending boxes.  You will also be able to use your points in increments before the 100 pts.

This Works
First up we have the This Works Deep Sleep Spray.  This works uses recyclable materials in their boxes, bottles, and tubes.  None of their "raw materials" are tested on animals.  This is supposed to be calming and soothing to help aid in sleep.  The scent of lavender is very pungent, so it wouldn't help me sleep as I loathe lavender, but if you like it, it may be a benefit for you.  The full size is $29.00 for the full size 75 ml spray.

MoroccanOil
 There was also the Moroccanoil Body Soufflé.   It has a nice light scent, but comes in two other scents if this one doesn't do it for you.  Rose and orange flower.  The full size is 6.4 fl oz for $56.00.  It does feel slightly greasy at first, but absorbs fairly quickly.  I think it will be good for winter dry skin.

Avène
I loved this next item.  I'm a fan of Avène.  This is the Avène Rich Hydrating Cream.  It is thick and very creamy.  It doesn't have much of a scent, which is good for sensitive skin.  It felt like my skin drank this in.  It is supposed to prevent moisture loss in the skin.  I seriously hope I don't adore this because it's not cheap.  It's not obscene either, so it might be a thing to invest in.  The full size is 1.35 fl oz for $32.00.  It is meant for dry skin, but it is almost winter and I tend to over moisturize in the winter.  Especially at night.

Air Repair
Continuing on the moisturizing express we got an eye cream! It's the Air Repair Super Hydrating Eye Cream.  It smells very faintly of sweet almond oil.  It is creamy and feels quite moisturizing.  It is made in the USA and is Cruelty Free.  It is supposed to reduce fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles.  All of the usual plagues.  It is $23.00 for the full size .5 fl oz.

Make

Lastly, we have the Make Silk Cream Lipstick in Taffy.  It applies creamy (our word of the day, apparently) and feel comfortable on the lips.  It is a flattering blush pink with a hint of purple undertones.  In translation, a very nice color for cool tones.  The full size is $25.00, so I may be sticking with the sample for a bit.

This was the curated box and it was nice, but I did cancel my subscription for next month.  I was disappointed in the sample choices.  It seemed like they were doing their warehouse cleanup or something.  With the point system being eh now, I just didn't feel it.  It makes me incredibly sad because I used to love Birchbox.  I hope to go back to it one day ♥

* I purchased this box myself.

You Might Also Like

0 comments