Latest Posts

ColourPop Ultra Metallic Lip J.I.C

By 6:36 PM

I own more ColourPop products than is probably necessary for any one person.  When I got my first taste of metallic lips, I wanted more.  I think the first one I got was the Jouer Lip Crème in Fairy, which was sadly Limited Edition.  I was on the "Ack, I have no money" part of life when ColourPop's Ultra Metallic Lips were released, so obviously I couldn't just pop out cash for them.  However, when ShanShortcakeBeauty did her video on them, I drooled onto my cute but functional boots.

Ultra Metallic Lip
I did pick up a few of the colors a few months ago and have been wearing them.  One of the shades I purchased was ColourPop Ultra Metallic Lip in J.I.C. I am pale and cool toned, so I figured if this shade could work on anyone, it would be me.  It is listed as a "light cool-toned ivory sprinkled with a ton of pink and silver glitter."

JIC

If you're new to ColourPop, this product is made in the USA, not tested on animals, and gluten free.  They ship to the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, and APOs.  Most ColourPop products are Vegan, however, J.I.C is not.  If you ever want to know which products are not vegan, take a little scroll to the bottom of their page and go to "FAQs."  That always has a list.

J.I.C is 2.85 grams of product for $6.00.


It has a typical doe foot applicator, which is easy enough to use.


The color is a sheer pink and is quite sparkly.  I can see a hint of gold in it, but it may be a hallucination brought on by my inhaling too much liquid lipstick (this one lacks their usual scent).


It is very comfortable, but it can dry down into lip lines and the shimmer will make them more pronounced.  It also is very pale and is even almost too pale on me, which means if you have any melanin in your skin, this may not be a good color for you.  The formula of this is most similar to ColourPop's Ultra Satin Lip formula.  It dries down but can transfer.  By itself, it lasts about four hours.  For some reason this color often makes my lips look thinner, which isn't always the look I go for.


It does work as a lip topper.  I used it over Marshmallow for this rather interesting color.  It does tend to feel a little sticky when applied over a lip color.  But it remains quite comfortable.

Overall, it's a pretty color that can be ever so slightly streaky.  However, its pale color will not work for everyone.  It is a cool lip topper, so that may be what sells it for you.

On a quick note that relates to absolutely nothing, in a lot of my lip swatches, I'm not wearing foundation.  However, in the mix of Marshmallow and J.I.C, I was wearing the Marc Jacobs Remarcable Foundation and...hmm... I like how that photographed!

* I purchased this with my own money.

You Might Also Like

0 comments