Latest Posts

December 2015 Boxycharm First Look

By 3:05 AM

Black box of joy
As always this is an exciting time of the month.  I mean who doesn't love a big box of presents every month?  Boxycharm is one of the more exciting boxes or if you want, this is my referral link.  When you refer a friend you receive 500 pts.  You also receive points just for getting a box delivered!

For $21.00 a month you get four to five full size products. The points earned take off money in the store.  The store isn't as extensive as Birchbox, but it's still pretty good.  1000 pts will take off $10.00, 2000 takes off $20.00, and so on.

Add caption
This month's theme was Pop, Fizz, Clink.  It had a 1920's look and was fun and I can tell you I was pretty excited, even though I was so sick I didn't even care about looking for spoilers.  That should tell you how sick I was!  Like Birchbox, Boxycharm is good about putting in a card that tells you how much the full sized items were and gives you information on them.

Ofra
I first heard about Ofra in my Boxycharm boxes and I do like their products.  I was excited to receive a liquid lipstick, but this would not be a good color on me.  I didn't swatch it because I knew I would give it away.  Anyways, it's the Ofra color in Americano, which is ruddy brown and sells for $19.90.  I have heard very good things about this liquid lipstick and I'm sad that I couldn't try it, but the person who got this in their Secret Santa present will look amazing in it, so that makes me happy.

Bellápierre
I also received a Bellápierre gel lip liner in the color Cinnamon and it is full size, selling for $18.00.  I had a sneaking feeling that this matched the Ofra lipstick (YouTube videos verified this) and even though the Ofra product didn't need a lipliner, I just couldn't help add it to the Secret Santa gift (it doesn't count to the price if you get it as part of a box, right? That's my logic and I'm sticking to it).  It's a warm brown shade and very creamy.  I've heard some people have a hard time sharpening it, in which case, get a good sharpener.  My Makeup Forever sharpener has a tungsten blade and was $10.00 when I bought it and it sharpens everything beautifully.

Tatcha
Also in the box were Tatcha Blotting Papers.  There are 30 sheets in the pack and they sell for $12.00.  They have a good thickness and have gold flecks on the paper.  They aren't powdered and do a great job absorbing excess oil.  I'm saving these for a long night out or for the summer!

Jelly Pong Pong
I have been receiving a lot of the Jelly Pong Pong products in my boxes lately.  So, this one went into a Christmas gift as well.  This was the Jelly Pong Pong All Over Glow and it's a full size for $15.95.  They don't test on animals.  The packaging is adorable and apparently it smells good.  My sister kept wondering what smelled so good in her Christmas present and it ended up being this.  It has jasmine extract and is oil free.  This would be wonderful to highlight with or to mix into foundation for a nice glow.

Nelson J Beverly Hills
Next up was the Nelson J Beverly Hills Moisture Healing Mask in the Coconut Scent.  It smells wonderful.  It wasn't as thick as I thought it would be, it's actually very runny, so use care when opening it.  It's also a full size 3.4 oz for $23.00.  It has argan oil and jojoba butter and I really liked it as a pre-shampoo treatment, but you can use it as a short mask or a long mask as well.

NCLA
My last item was the NCLA Treatments in So Rich Dark Almond.  If you've been cruising the reviews, you might have noticed that people got different colored ones of these in their boxes.  I got the bright yellow which was almond scented.  I've also seen purple, which is rose petals and pink, which is peach vanilla.  I am happy with the scent I got, but I think I would have been happy with any of them.  It is a vitamin E and sunflower oil infused cuticle oil.  I've been using it since it came and it really has made the skin around my nails look a lot better.  It has a nice little dropper that makes it easy to use and control.  This was also full sized and sells for $24.00 for .5 fl oz.

Okay, now time to put on our math hats and add up the value of the box.  I'm sure there is a drum rolling somewhere.  The full value of my box was $112.85.  I paid $21.00.  I think I got my money's worth and I'm very happy with this box.

* I buy my own Boxycharm.  Boxycharm doesn't care that I blog.

You Might Also Like

0 comments