Latest Posts

December 2016 Boxycharm First Look

By 9:52 PM


I always look forward to getting my subscription boxes, but I have to admit, Boxycharm is my favorite box.  Every time I receive a box it has been worth every penny and then some.  If you want, this is my referral link.  When you refer a friend you receive 500 points.  You also receive points just for getting a box delivered! 


For $21.00 a month you get four to five full size products. The points earned take off money in the store.  The store isn't as extensive as Birchbox, but it's still pretty good.  1000 points will take off $10.00, 2000 takes off $20.00, and so on.  It also contains a card that lists the prices and information on the products you receive.


The theme this month was Makeup On Pointe.

Ofra
 So, first up is the Ofra Long lasting Liquid Lipstick in the color Napa Valley.  It was part of the Vintage Vineyard Collection.  It is a beautiful metallic plum color.  It loses some of its metallic glory on the lips and can look almost black but it is still gorgeous.  I was so impressed with how comfortable this is. Ofra makes a darned good liquid lipstick!  I think this would be stunning on a WOC.  It's very vampy on my skin tone, but I'm totally excited for it anyways!  This was the full size at $19.90.  This is a teeth yellowing shade, so be sure that you're pearly white ready.


IBY
I was sooooo hoping for a Makeup Geek eyeliner.  I haven't tried that yet and I love fun colors of eyeliner, but I got a lip liner by IBY in the shade Darling.  It is a pretty pink that is supposed to be waterproof and long lasting.  This was also full size and is $14.00.

Beauty for Real
This time of year and for any habitual user of liquid lipsticks, lip scrubs are a must, so I was very excited to see this in my box.  This is the Beauty for Real Lip Revival Scrub, it's full size and $14.00.  Which is a great price!  It has a cinnamon scent and I'm betting the cinnamon oil in it helps plump the lips a little.  It also has vanilla and orange.  This sounds fantastic.

Butter London
I adore Butter London.  It is usually a beautiful formula, that is richly pigmented, creamy, and long lasting.  This month we got a gorgeous berry wine shade called Ruby Murray.  This is a beautifully seasonal color.  It is 8 free, full size, and is $15.00.

Pure Cosmetics
UD Naked 3
I love that Boxycharm gives us full sized palettes.  This was from Pure Cosmetics and is their Buff Collection.  This is full size and is $50.00.  I think that's a little pricey for what is an Urban Decay Naked3 dupe.  It will need to be very good to make people not want to spend $4.00 more to get the UD version.  I do love my Naked3, so I think that anyone who doesn't already have that will be appreciative of receiving the Buff Collection.  I have such a hard time not writing, "Buffy" every time.

I liked this box.  It wasn't quite as amazing as last month's box but it was still fairly decent.

 *I got on point with my own money, nothing worked en pointe, except the Butter London.

* I did unbox on YouTube.

You Might Also Like

0 comments