Latest Posts

December 2016 Ipsy First Look

By 6:04 PM

Yay!  It's my favorite time of the month!  Subscription box/bag time!  This is my December 2016 Ipsy bag. Ipsy is a $10.00 per month subscription bag.  You do earn points be reviewing the products and getting your friends to join, this is my referral code if you ever want to use it.  The Ipsy points have been doing better lately.  There have been lots of things under 1k points.

The bag
This month had a bright pink bag in a pony hair type material.  The strap is hot pink and metallic.  It looks like you could use this as a clutch.



The theme this month was Carpe P.M., so it looks like we're going to seize the night!  I love that theme!

Marc Anthony
 It's looks like Ipsy wants us to have great hair while we're seizing the night.  This is the Marc Anthony Nourishing Oil of Morocco Conditioning Treatment.  It is supposed to strengthen your hair and make it shiny.  My hair gets dry easily because it's very fine, so I'm excited about this.  It looks like it protects color too, so heck yeah!  It seems as though these come in packets with the same 1.69 fl oz of product for $2.99.  I like the bottle better.

Tarte
I love Tarte and I'm so excited that Ipsy included this.  Great skin does help your over all makeup look, so I think this also fits the theme.  I love the Tarte Maracuja Oil, I personally like mixing with my lotion or face cream to up the moisture power.  I also like putting a little in my hair and on my nail beds.  It is not tested on animals, is vegan, doesn't have parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sulfates, or gluten.  This size is .23 fl oz and the deluxe travel size is .5 for $15.00.  It is made Brazil and filled in Taiwan.

Hikari


Okay, Ipsy is definitely sticking to the theme with a beautiful eyeliner in purple.  This Hikari Liquid Eyeliner in the color Iris.  It is full size at 1.5 grams for $15.00.  Purple eyeliners are great for people with brown or green eyes but I think they look good on everyone.  This is made in China.

Ciaté London
 I'm kinda impressed, this bag is actually on theme.  A liquid lipstick is great for a night out.  I have been wanting to try the Ciaté London Liquid Velvet Matte Liquid Lipsticks, so this was fortuitous!  This is in the color Pin Up and the site lists this as a berry shade and I don't know if my formula was off but this looks like a terracotta rose to me.  It's still pretty but I do think it favors a warm skin color.  This is made in Italy, is gluten, phthalate, cruelty, and paraben free.  It is also vegan.



Nyx
This color looks like it would be great for a night out, so omg a bag that works with a theme.  I know, I have an odd hang up on that, but how often do the products fit a theme?  This is the Nyx Prismatic Eyeshadow in the color Fireball.  It looks very similar to the Urban Decay eyeshadow also called Fireball that has a peach-pink shift.  This is the full size 1.24 gram that sells for $5.99.  This is made in China.

Overall, I'm happy about this bag.  I think Ipsy did a great job!

* I purchase my own bags, no one sends them to me out of the goodness of their hearts, lol.


You Might Also Like

0 comments