Latest Posts

March 2016 Birchbox First Look

By 6:55 PM

Birchbox came first this month again, so we'll start with Birchbox.  It's a $10.00 a month subscription box.  I love their points system.  You can refer friends for 50 points and if you ever want to use my link it's here.

The sample choices were fairly lame.  Shampoo samples across the board with a packet of conditioner.  Since most people use more conditioner, it isn't my favorite sample.

Cute box
This month had a cute box.  I was pretty happy about that!


This month's box had the theme of Ladies First and was about it being Women's History Month.  Which was a neat theme as things go.  The boxes also contain a little card that shows what you received and how much it is for the full size of that item.

Smashbox
My first item was a total déjà vu, in the quite literal sense as I had received this in another box.  Last month's Ipsy to be exact. It was the new and heavily promoted Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil, the full size is $42.00.  It doesn't have much of a scent. You only need about two drops and you gently pat into the skin.  It doesn't take long to absorb.  It has good oils like jojoba and argan.  I'm a little leary of the lavender oil which can be irritating to sensitive skin.  It does leave the skin fresh and dewy, but I'm still not sure if it prolongs the lasting power of my makeup.  People with dry skin may love this primer.

Wilma Schumann
Next up was the Wilma Schumann Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads.  They are $18.00 for five applications.  It is supposed to be pure collagen and this could be nice to try with a glass of Riesling and a 20 minute bath.  This company started in Germany 30 years ago.  They are a Certified Green Partner, but they most likely test on animals as I didn't see anything to say otherwise.

Parlor
 Tired of sea salt sprays that dry out you locks?  This is supposed to be the answer to the desire for beachy waves but craving a soft texture.  Parlor by Jeff Chastain Moisturizing Sea Salt Spray is $24.00 for the 4.9 oz full size.  Jeff is a stylist based in New York and has had over 14 years of experience.  It has sweet almond oil and some algae.  It is also Cruelty Free, so yay on that.  I am looking forward to trying this.

Kiehl's
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser was up next.  I love cleansers, so I was happy to receive this, although Keihl's does test on animals.  It is fragrance free, paraben free, and supposed to be gentle on sensitive skin.  It foams quickly and doesn't have a strong scent.  It should probably only be used by those with with normal to oily skin as it is labeled for as it can be a tad drying.  It is $19.50 for a 5 oz tube.

 Lastly I got the TrèStique Color and Smudge Stick in the color "Aspen Pine."  I think the packaging is adorable even if the Coloradan in me scoffs at the name.  How is a pine tree in Aspen different?  Or is it new tree they've cross bred with aspen and pine?  Anyways, the color is a lovely pine green and quite pigmented.  It is supposed to last 12 hours and the full size is $26.00.  TrèStique is a brand that was formed on making beauty simple and fast.



I think Birchbox did pretty well this month.  There wasn't anything I didn't like, even though one item was a repeat from another box.  Next up will be the Ipsy box for this month and you can see how it stacked up.

* I purchase my own monthly subscription bags, no one sends me them for free.

You Might Also Like

0 comments