Latest Posts

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip Trap

By 6:07 PM

I have a love affair with ColourPop that is definitely not a secret.  I think by now you know that I also love a good greige lip.  It's my favorite "nude" lip that is just different enough.  Tootsi owns my lip loving greige, but when I saw that they also had it in an Ultra Matte Lip?  I gasped, "Why did no one tell me?!"

So, that meant I had to make another ColourPop order.  I'm not sure I had any choice in the matter.


ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Trap is $6.00 for the full size 3.2 gram.  It is made in the USA, not tested on animals, and Vegan.


The packaging is clear with a silver cap and holographic lettering.  You can see the gorgeous looking greige color housed in the container.


It has a hard doe foot applicator that you can use to apply the product.  If you're not a fan, you can use a lip brush for a more precise application.


The color is a perfect greige and exactly what I had hoped for.  It has a slight greyish purple undertone that is just beautiful.  It has opaque pigmentation and is easy to apply and dries fast.

Left to Right: CP Trap, LASplash Ghoulish, Aromi Desert Taupe, and CP Tootsi
Why anyone needs this many greiges, I couldn't really answer you.  But they are slightly different.  It seems to be closest in color to Ghoulish, but was still very close to Desert Taupe, and Tootsi.




As with any liquid lipstick, you will want to exfoliate and moisturize prior to application.  I applied a thin coat and it has good opacity.  It dried quickly with a thin coat.  I did go back and apply a second coat later and it didn't ball up or do anything equally awkward.

Does this pic make my lips look like a....
It is a little drying, but if you don't expect that with a liquid lip...well..I don't know what to tell you.  They're drying.  It doesn't crumble or crack.  It has a very slight chemical scent, but nothing you notice unless you're sitting there with your nose to the tube, snorting it like a crazy person.  Or someone who reviews makeup.  This wears all day and it is now my favorite greige...or maybe Tootsi is...I can't decide!

I am in love with this.  You should really just go buy it.  Even pale people don't go corpse wearing it, so that's a plus.  Unless that's the look you were going for.  In that case, it won't be for you!


* No one trapped me into buying Trap.  I bought it and reviewed it all by my lonesome.

You Might Also Like

0 comments