Latest Posts

September 2015 Ipsy First Look

By 2:01 PM

This month Ipsy's theme was Face Fashion.  Ipsy is a $10.00 a month subscription service.  You get four to five sample products.  There is a referral program where you earn points.  It usually costs 500 or 1000 points to get anything with your points, however it can be hard to get and to use your points.

Loved this months bag
Every month you get a bag with your samples.  Last months bag was super cute.  I have a thing for hounds tooth.  I had a Broke Woman issue last month with having to decide between things like paying bills and eating or having internet.  Guess which one I picked?

I still have the pics from last months bag, so if you require proof that last months bag was cute, I could post it.  Other than that, you'll have to trust me.  And enjoy this bag, because it's pretty cute too.

Acure
First in the bag was Acure Brightening Facial Scrub.  The full size of this is 4 oz and $9.99.  It has a very mild scent and is vegan, sulfate free, paraben free, petroleum free, silicone free, and cruelty free.  It has a grainy texture for a scub, so it doesn't feel too harsh.  It is thick and dark green, it's kind of amusing how gross it looks.  When you scrub with it, it looks like you put tea leaves all over your face, which would be the kelp.  I like a good scrub, so we'll see how this performs over time.

Naobay
There was also Naobay Oxygenating Cream.  The full size is 1.7 oz for $36.00.  It has rose hip oil and sweet almond oil.  It isn't tested on animals.  It doesn't have much of a scent and is a thick white cream.  It absorbs quickly and will be nice to have for the coming colder weather.  It does feel light weight and good for under makeup.

I'm not too into cream blush, but I'm not above giving one a chance.  This one was by Evelyn Iona and is in the color Ash.  It's apparently named after the founder and CEO's boyfriend, which is pretty cute.  The container is a little small and you can see where my nail decided to carve out a little piece of the action.  I'm not sure how big the full size product is, but it's $18.75 for the full size.  It's supposed to be good for sensitive skin, cruelty free, and vegetarian. $1.00 from every sale is donated to YWCA Canada.  It is a pretty color and blends out well, if you can get it out of the tiny little container.

 Next up was an item exclusive for Ipsy subscribers this month.  It is a trio of eye-shadows by Nyx.  There is a champagne, a bronze, and a black.  They are on the sheer side, but the colors are pretty.  The package has a cute black bow that you lift up on to open it.  There is a gram of each color.

The last item goes really well with the bronze shade in the trio.  I was very excited to see a color like this, it's wonderful for autumn.  It's J.cat Beauty's Waterproof Slide on Pencil in the color MOE107 Bronze.  I believe this is the full size and it's $3.99.  While this does swatch well, it doesn't apply to the eye area very well.  It tugs and doesn't deposit a lot of pigment.  This may be one that requires a little heat to help.

Overall, this was an okay bag.  I wasn't over the moon about any of the products although the bag was cute.  I guess it's all up to Birchbox now....

* I have my own Ipsy subscription that I pay for monthly.  No one sends me free bags.  Unless you count the grocery store when they deliver.

You Might Also Like

0 comments