Latest Posts

September 2015 Birchbox First Look

By 3:14 PM


Birchbox is another $10.00 per month subscription box.  It has sample sized beauty items.  They have both men's and women's boxes.  The men's boxes are $20.00 and sometimes they make me jealous.  I really like their points system.  You receive 10 pts per review and 50 for referring friends.  100 pts is $10.00 in the Birchbox store and you can use it towards anything in their store.  Birchbox also includes a a card the describes the theme on one side and the products and the prices for the full sizes on the other.  This month's theme was a thank you to their subscribers.


This year Birchbox took a step out of their usual brown boxes and has had some very cute boxes.  Last month's was adorable, but there was that whole issue I mentioned in my Ipsy First Look.  Next month will give you a choice of two featured boxes with the theme of Breast Cancer Awareness or a selection of mascaras.  I was hoping for a Halloween theme, but Breast Cancer Awareness can play the trump card on that, it's pretty important.

Davine's
My first item was Davine's OI All in One Milk.  The full size is 4.56 oz for $16.00.  It also came with a bonus of the shampoo and conditioner in packets..  Davine's is an Italian brand that believes in creating the best products with as little impact on the environment as possible.  It is supposed to control frizz, detangle, moisturize, give shine, and heat protect.  It has a light herbal scent.

Tocca
I was also excited by the next product, Tocca Esfoliante da Corpo in Giulietta, I mean who doesn't love a body scrub in the autumn?  The full size is 7 oz for $32.00.  It smells delightful and has gritty texture that doesn't feel too harsh.  Because exfoliating is one thing, ripping off the next layer of skin and leaving scratches is another.  I really like this, but again, I hope not to fall in love with it at that price.

100% Pure
I like eye creams, especially in the colder months when occasionally that area dries out and can age me.  Which is not something I'm a fan of.  I was happy to see an eye cream in my box.  This one was the 100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream.  The full size is $25.00 for 1 oz.  I haven't seen that it does much for dark circles but it does moisturize well.  

Anastasia
I have this exact sample from a Sephora kit.  It's the Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil which is $23.00 for the full size.  It has a good firmness for brows and the colors are very natural.  It's not exactly the Brow Wiz or the pomade, but it is good for a quick brow or for a brow beginner.

Montale
I don't know if Birchbox looked at my Favorites, but the Mondale Intense Café has been in there.  I have wanted to try it for quite some time.  The $120.00 for 50 ml is a little daunting though.  This smells like coffee and vanilla and roses.  It's delicious for the autumn.  I hate that I want it, because... well, that's a pretty penny.  

There were so many things I liked in this box.  I have to give it to Birchbox.  They tied up the numbers and we're now 4 to 4.

* I bought my own Birchbox, no one thought I should try a box on someone else's dime.

You Might Also Like

0 comments