Latest Posts

Makeup Geek Fantasy Foiled Eye-Shadow

By 11:38 AM

I have a thing for mint green eye shadows.  They look great with my eye color.  Mint also just has this clean fresh look that I think I really end up longing for.  When I decided to give foiled eye-shadows another chance after not being impressed by Houdini and Mesmerized but liking In the Spotlight, I had to go for the mint green.

Makeup Geek
Makeup Geek Foiled Eye-Shadow in Fantasy is $9.99 for 1.8 grams of product that is in a refill pan that fits easily in Z Palettes.  It isn't tested on animals and made in the USA.

I'm bad at selfies
Right now this type of green is popping up in a lot of tutorials on YouTube.  It's generally used in the center of the lid, like I did in this terrible selfie on my birthday. I based my look on this one by Amy Macedo.  But recently similar looks by Manny MUA and Young Wild and Polished have shown up as well.

Fantasy
Fantasy is a beautiful silvery green with yellow undertones.  It has good pigmentation and unlike some of the other eye-shadows from the foiled collection, this applies well with a brush.  It has a buttery texture, which will need a primer if you have oily lids as it may crease other wise.

Frosty mint green
With a primer it is long lasting, I don't generally go sans primer, so I can't say how long it will last without this.  But with a primer it will last at least nine hours.  With a thicker one, like Mac's Painterly, it lasted longer than that on me.

This does not require wetting your brush or using a spray to give it a foiled look.

I do love this color and I think it is on its way to being a popular color for this season.  It doesn't look chalky like some of the others become.  I like how it can transfer into different seasons, depending on what you wear it with. I give it a thumbs up.

* I bought into my own Fantasy.  It didn't pop out of my dreams into reality.

You Might Also Like

0 comments