Latest Posts

June 2016 Boxycharm First Look

By 6:43 PM

I always look forward to getting my subscription boxes, but I have to admit, Boxycharm is my favorite box.  Every time I receive a box it has been worth every penny and then some.  If you want, this is my referral link.  When you refer a friend you receive 500 points.  You also receive points just for getting a box delivered!  They are also now shipping to Canada!  Maybe that's the beginning of shipping to other countries as well.  Yay Canada! /wave


For $21.00 a month you get four to five full size products. The points earned take off money in the store.  The store isn't as extensive as Birchbox, but it's still pretty good.  1000 points will take off $10.00, 2000 takes off $20.00, and so on.  It also contains a card that lists the prices and information on the products you receive.


This month's theme was Girls Just Wanna Have Sun.  I have heard a couple vloggers say fun and it's probably just habit or something.  It's kinda cute ☺

Farmacy

First up was a full size of the Farmacy Brightening Coconut Gel Mask, which has three masks and is $24.00.  I am so excited to try this.  Sheet masks are super popular right now and for good reason.  This one also has ingredients that my skin loves, like the coconut gel.  It also has purple broccoli and contains Chichoric Acid.  This mask is supposed to regulate and equalize melanin production.  Which means it's good for dark spots and freckles.  I hate my freckles, if this fades them (I know, dream world) I will live in this mask.  Getting a 3 pack is awesome.  It really allows you to see how this works for your skin.

As a bonus, if you look into the top right corner you can kinda see Siku, he's one of my cats.  We got him not long after Nokomis passed, I guess things work out.  We wouldn't have been able to have him while we had her.  He had been abused and really needed love.  After almost a year he has made so much progress.  If anyone ever wants to see pics of my boys, let me know and I'll be happy to go crazy cat lady on you.

Cougar

The next product was by a brand I had never heard of.  Cougar Beauty Products are proudly made in the UK.  All of their ingredients are sourced locally and they try to reduce their greenhouse output as much as possible.  All of their products are Cruelty Free and their packaging is made from recycled materials.  All of that is so fantastic!

 The Cougar Beauty Mineral Face and Body Shimmer in Diamond Kiss is £19.00  for the 2 g or £24.00 for the 4 g full size.  The card lists this as $16.00 but this is the larger 4 g size and the Boxycharm site shows this as $34.00.  I think the $34.00 price is probably the correct price.  Anyways, I didn't peel off the plastic.  I poked holes à la Samantha Reilly.  It's a mineral shimmer and is quite subtle.  Don't let the yellow tone scare you, it is pretty wearable.  It is talc free.

Ofrra
We do see lots of Ofra in the boxes but it's totally not a bad thing.  Boxycharm has forced me to love this brand.  This is the Ofra Oil Control Pressed Powder and is $39.95 for the full size, 10 g product.  It is made to keep your makeup in place all day and even work for being on tv, a problem I know most of us have to worry about.  I don't usually have oily skin, it's pretty normal.  However, it's 100° F outside right now and while Colorado has dry heat, it still makes me sweaty and gross.  So, yay for getting this!


 I have heard of this brand and thought about purchasing but never quite got around to it.  This is the Girlactik Beauty Precise Eyeliner Marker in black, it is $20.00 for the full size 1.2 ml size.  Like most eyeliners it is made in Germany.  This brand is Cruelty Free, so yay on that!  The packaging is very pretty with pink chandeliers on a black background.  The tip is long and it's slightly flexible.  It's not hard like some of these tips.  It seems to be on the watery side, which can be rough for beginners.  I have seen reviews about this where people said this doesn't hold up well vs water and sweat can make this run.  Other than that it has a good black pigment and isn't glossy.



LVX
 This is another brand I don't think I have heard of.  This is the LVX Nail Lacquer in Serene, which is $18.00 for the 15 ml full size.  It is a pretty soft sky blue.  It will be perfect for the pastel rainbow I'm planning for my nails, which if you saw the above pic, totally need to be done.  This is made in the USA, 7 Free, Cruelty Free, and Vegan.  The formula is supposed to be gel like.  LVX apparently keeps an eye on fashion trends and brings out their colors and products accordingly.  They also collaborate with designers.

 So math time, the products in this box are worth $135.95.  I was excited in some way for every product.  Way to go Boxycharm, this was an amazing box.

I decided to subscribe to Glossybox so I could review those for you as well.  Let me know your thoughts and whatever else.  Thank you!

 * I purchase my own Boxycharm.

You Might Also Like

0 comments