Latest Posts

June 2016 Ipsy First Look

By 8:54 PM


Next up in the box/bag arrivals was Ipsy!  Ipsy is a $10.00 per month subscription service.  You get points for referring friends.  However, the points system had been rather blah but has seemed to be improving.  There are more items that are 500 pts or less.


The theme this month was Rebel Rebel and the bag was very cute.  So far Ipsy has matched Birchbox, I liked the box and the bag.

Japonesque
First up was the Japonesque Solid Brush Cleanser, the full size is 2 oz and is $20.00.  It has goat milk and coconut oil and is supposed to be very gentle on the brush.  It is also supposed to keep them soft.  It is also supposed to be good for sensitive skin.  I'm looking forward to trying this.  I have the Cinema Secrets for spot cleaning, but I do like a deep clean and my Beauty Blender cleanser met its end.  Good timing Ipsy.

Marc Anthony
I also got the Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach spray, which is very affordable at $8.99 for 4.2 fl oz.  May I say that this smells amazing?  It does, it smells like summer.  It is light and almost piña colada like.  This is supposed to add texture and protect your hair from the sun.  I am willing to give this a go and even learn how to use it.

Vasanti
 I also got the Vasanti Kajal Waterline Eyeliner in Intense Black.  It is $19.00 for the full size.  It is roll up and made for the waterline.  It is made in Germany, which seems to be the home of eyeliners.  Vasanti can be hit or miss.  This seemed quite creamy.  It went on well and had decent pigmentation.  It is vegan and paraben free.



 There was also a blush.  It was the Seraphine Botanicals in Happy Hibiscus which appears to be in one of those bronzed colors.  I thought it would be one of those colors better suited for medium skin but it turned a sheer, pale, rather flattering peach on me.  It has a little sheen, is sheer, and feels soft and creamy.  It is 99% natural, vegan, Gluten-Free, doesn't have pthalates or parabens, doesn't test on animals, but does have talc.  The full size is 2 g for $20.00.


Lastly, I got Urban Decay Fireball eyeshadow.  Don't let the pic fool you, it's a very tiny pan.  But it is still a pan and it's not a bad sample size.  It's peach with a pink shift.  The full size is .05 for $19.00.  I am looking forward to trying this.  Although, I have a feeling it's very similar to a Makeup Geek Shadow Boxycharm sent me.

So, Ipsy obviously kicked Birchbox bum.  There were actually makeup samples.  The highlight of the box was the Benefit brow product vs the UD Fireball.  I'm way more excited about UD.  Ipsy brings it to, Ipsy: 6 Birchbox: 7.

* I bought my own Ipsy bag.

You Might Also Like

0 comments