Latest Posts

ColourPop Lumière Lippie Stix and Pencil

By 2:12 PM

I'm sure we don't need to rehash my love of YouTube and beauty videos in general.  It's pretty much my raison d'être.  Okay, I might be exaggerating, but I do love to watch those types of videos.  It's nice to virtually hang out with people who love make-up as much as I do.

One of the people I frequently watch is Kathleen Lights.  She is a Broke Woman friendly channel. She comes across fresh and honest, in addition to just being a lovely young woman.  Recently, she said that she had worked with ColourPop to create a lip color.

As every beauty junkie knows, it's best to take these things with a grain of salt.  I was especially leery after the Gerard Cosmetics buy (not bad stuff, just not worth the prices).  But this is Kathleen!  She would never tell me to buy something that would murder my poor bank account.

So, I decided to order Lumière, the color she created.  If you watch the video, isn't she adorably excited?

Okay, on to the good stuff.  Lumière is available on the ColourPop website for the joyful price of $5.00.  Nope, I didn't forget to add a digit.  It is really only $5.00.  Guess what?  It has a matching lip pencil.  The pencil is only $5.00 as well.


It was well packaged in shipping.  The packaging was fun with holographic lettering in a white box.


It went well with the packaging of the actual Lippie Stix and pencil.  It's a very clean, white packaging.  It personally like the packaging, although I can see how it would get dirty easily.  Rumor on the street has it that you can clean stuff, so I think I can try that if it does get dirty ;)


It swatched like a dream.  I prefer to do a one swipe swatch, because something about seeing people grinding swatches into their arms drives me nuts.  I would never apply that much lipstick.

Lumière is French for "light" and isn't indicative of the color, more so a reflection of Kathleen Lights.  So, it isn't a glittery or shiny color.

The pencil has a creamy application.  It isn't dry like MAC pencils.  The color is a lovely dusty rose that would be perfect under not only the Lumière Lippie Stix, but under many other pinks and nudes I own.  I also feel this could be worn all over the lips with a gloss on its own.  I am so happy with this buy.

The actual Lumière Lippie Stix is a gorgeous matte mauve dusty rose.  It is a color that really would look good on so many people.  It has a very creamy application.  The pigmentation is rich and opaque.  It has a very subtle vanilla scent.  It isn't anything you notice while applying the Lippie Stix, just something you notice if you sniff the Stix.



You can do a light application as I did, or go for more of a dramatic application.  For a matte this is amazingly comfortable.  I did not find this to be too drying.  It also lasts a long time on the lips.  I put this on before work and it lasted all day.  Even through lunch where I did radical things like eat lunch.

It was $10.00 for this combination.  The shipping was $4.99, however they have one of the better offers for free shipping.  You only have to pay $30.00 to get free shipping.  That's 6 products!  Insane.  I know!  Unfortunately, they are not on Ebates.  Insert sad face.

I will definitely be getting more of these.  This is a Broke Woman Approved Buy.  You won't have buyers remorse with these.  You are only getting a gram of product, but with how pigmented it is, I still like the value of this brand.

* I bought these products with my own money.  No one left these on my door step or told me to review.

You Might Also Like

0 comments