Latest Posts

Makeup Geek Homecoming Review

By 10:16 PM

I'm sure you're ecstatic about the continuation of Marlena March. One of the colors I was unsure of when I finally made my eye-shadow choices was this one.  I chose many of the colors that are in the Makeup Geek Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette that sells for $159.00 on her site.  I felt that those would be highly purchased colors or colors people would be interested in.  In her Neutral Makeup with Pop of Blue tutorial, Marlena describes it as a silvery taupe.  Sound like my kind of color?

On the website Homecoming is described as a cool-toned buckskin.  This color is 5.99 for a 1.8 g pan.  In her Top 10 Makeup Geek Shadows, Marlena, herself lists Homecoming as one of her favorites.  She calls it a taupe in the video.

Homecoming
This color can do no wrong for me.  It is like silk to the touch, soft and creamy.  It swatches sooooo pigmented and is a metallic taupe/bronze on me.  It's freaking gorgeous.  Can you tell I'm definitely not calling this one hype already?  If that's all you need, no, this one is worth it.

There were a few blogs that called this a dupe for Mac Patina, no.  It's not.  Makeup Geek doesn't list it as one, they actually list this one as one with out as a dupe.  It's dupeless.

Left to Right: MUG Homecoming and Mac Patina
Let me just say that Patina is one of those Mac shadows I adore.  It's a golden taupe that looks very pretty on so many skin tones.  You can use this for everything.  Well, not everything, but it's nifty.  Mac Patina is $10.00 for the pan.

But Homecoming lives in its own ballpark.  It doesn't have the swatch versus brush discrepancy, even with a brush, this applies so beautifully.

Left to Right: MUG Homecoming and Mac Patina
 As you can see, they are similar but in no way dupes.

I love this shade.  It has great pigmentation, blends like a Morphé shadow, and lasts 8+ hours.  I have no regrets with this shade and will repurchase.

* No one sent me Makeup Geek or Mac to try for free.  I bought Homecoming with my own hard earned pennies.



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Homecoming is a dupe for Too Faced hazelnut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wholesale cosmetics I just could not depart your web site prior to hinting i actually enjoyed the most notable high quality info you show your visitors? Will be back again usually to help check out fresh posts.

    ReplyDelete