Latest Posts

March 2015 Birchbox First Look

By 2:19 PM

It's that time again!  Birchbox vs Ipsy!  In case this is your first time hearing about Birchbox, it's a monthly subscription box that sends you five or more samples a month.  The women's box is $10.00 a month and the men's is $20.00.  Men get cool things like mahogany ear buds, super soft cooling tee shirts, and things like beard grooming stuff, moisturizer, shampoo.

They have a points system that works pretty well and I have used my points and found it to be easy.  Their customer service is also very good.  It contains a card that tells you the items in the box, a description, and the price of the full size.

Okay!  Box time!

My coffee attacked my poor box
I love how cute the boxes have been lately.  It does make you want to keep them and do something useful with them.

As usual it's well packaged.
I sneaked a peak as you can do the 10th of the month and I was excited about a few of the items in my box.

Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser
My first item was the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser.  Liz Earle is a British company that is Cruelty Free (yay!) and they like to focus on quality products that use natural ingredients.  It came with a .5 oz cleanser and a muslin cloth.  The cleanser is thick and creamy.  The whole process felt very luxurious and cleansed very well.  I can see why this is such a popular item and why it has won so many awards.  The full size starter with a muslin cloth and the cleanser is $25.50 for a 3.3 oz.

Elite Therapeutics
My next item was Elite Therapeutics Rosemary Eucalyptus Body Crème.  It is thick and creamy.  It isn't greasy and absorbs rather quickly.  It smells strongly of eucalyptus and rosemary.  The strong scent does die down rather quickly.  I do like both scents, which is probably odd because I hate lavender so much.  I'm not going to try to understand that too much.  It isn't tested on animals, is made from 70% organic ingredients, doesn't contain pthalates, or silicone.  I really love the story of this brand.

Dr. Schewe was an oncologist and this was his brain child after seeing what cancer and treatment does to the skin and hair.  He wanted components that would first work on the surface quickly and then continue to work on a cellular level.  I like that the website breaks down the ingredients and how/why they're used.   This product is $19.00 for a full 8 oz size.

Jelly Pong Pong
One stroke.
Blended.
My next item was Jelly Pong Pong Glow Getter Highlighter.  The color on the packaging initially sent me into the "oh nos."  It looked like it would be far too dark for my glow in the dark skin.

Jelly Pong Pong (a name they know sounds funny) was created because they wanted to celebrate the uniqueness of all.  They wanted products that were fun and different.  They have some really adorable packaging.  Like this Lip Orchid, it's perfect for a vanity.  Their products are also Cruelty Free.

The Glow Getter is made without Pthlalates, silicone, mineral oil, and the full size is $12.50.  It has an easy to use brush and feels almost like a gel consistency.  It's a little too glittery and just a touch too dark for me.

Roloxin Lift
My next item was Roloxin Lift Revitalizing Face Masque Treatment.  It's a mask that is supposed to instantly reduce the appearance of wrinkles.  It is very thick and you feel it tighten as it dries.  It doesn't get uncomfortably tight.  It is a jaw dropping $110.00 for 10 sachets.  I didn't see enough difference to justify that price for me.

It's a 10!
My last item was the It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product.  It was the product I picked when I had a chance.  I love their hair mask, their shampoo, and their conditioner.  I have been wanting to try this!  A 4 oz bottle is $18.00 at Ulta and a 10 oz bottle is $36.00.  It is supposed to repair dry and damaged hair, add shine, smooth and control frizz, be a thermal protector and so much more.  I really like this stuff so far.

I think Birchbox did a great job this month.  Ipsy is going to have a tough time competing with this box!

* I buy my own Birchboxes with my own well loved debit card.  You can use my code to join and it does give me 50 points when someone joins.  My Birchbox invite.

You Might Also Like

0 comments