Latest Posts

January 2016 Boxycharm First Look

By 8:41 PM


As always this is an exciting time of the month.  I mean who doesn't love a big box of presents every month?  Boxycharm is one of the more exciting boxes or if you want, this is my referral link.  When you refer a friend you receive 500 points.  You also receive points just for getting a box delivered!

For $21.00 a month you get four to five full size products. The points earned take off money in the store.  The store isn't as extensive as Birchbox, but it's still pretty good.  1000 points will take off $10.00, 2000 takes off $20.00, and so on.  It also contains a card that lists the prices and information on the products you receive.

Boxycharm
Ahhh, a familiar theme.  Much like Ipsy this month, Boxycharm had a eyes theme this month, Boxycharm did it with Eyes on 2016.


First off is Blinc Mascara Amplified this was, as usual, a full size .3 oz for $26.00.  This is a tubing mascara.  It's supposed to be removed easily with warm water, although it is water proof.  It has a drier formula that lets you build this onto your lashes.  Some mascara with fibers or tubes irritate my contacts, but so far this has not done that.

 I also received the Ardency Inn Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner in Lilac.  If you remember before I moderately liked the Ardency Inn liner in black.  This is also full sized and has 1.2 grams of product for $20.00. The card lists this at $19.00.  I only found it to be $20.00 when I looked.  I saw other people got a blue and I was expecting to get that, unfortunately, I already have their bright blue.  Color me delightfully surprised to get this lovely lilac shade.  It's very creamy and pigmented and so far I haven't had any issue with irritation.  I'm thinking this will be a lot of fun in the spring.

There was also a brush set by Royal & Langnickel.  This was also full sized and retails for $23.97.  There were three brushes in the set.

The first brush was the BX-80 Detail Brush.  There was also the BX-90 Crease Brush and the BX-95 Smudger Brush.  The detail brush looks to be the best brush.  They are moderately soft.  They should be worth a shot and I always love getting more brushes!

Lastly was a full sized Coastal Scents Revealed Smoky Palette.  It's supposed to be a dupe for the Urban Decay Smoky Palette.  According to the card on the inside, the CS palette is worth $39.95.

 On the website, you can purchase it for $19.95.  I think the $19.95 is closer to the actual value of the palette.  There are some good colors, but there are colors like the gold in the top row that are crumbly and patchy.  Leighannsays used the palette beautifully in a Party Time Tutorial.

If you look at the value based on the card, the value of the box would be $108.92, I think, because the value of the Revealed Smoky should be $19.95 and the Ardency Inn being a dollar more, the actual value would be $89.92.  However, I only paid $21.00 for this box.  I think getting $89.92 worth of product is a great value.

* I purchased my own Boxycharm.  It wasn't sent to me for any reason other than the monthly deduction of $21.00.

You Might Also Like

0 comments