Latest Posts

Makeup Geek Duochrome Pigment Kaleidoscope

By 5:30 PM

I know you don't think the only Makeup Geek Duochrome I purchased was Phantom.  That would be like having one nude lipstick.  Just silly!  I did purchase several colors and I did both the pan and loose pigment.  Since I've done one pan, I thought I'd do one pigment.

Makeup Geek Duochrome Pigment in Kaleidoscope is 3 grams of product for $12.00.  Makeup Geek products are made in the USA and are not tested on animals.



The pigments come in small jar with a pretty rose gold lid.  After incidents with the packaging breaking during shipping, they started sending she sifter separate.


Kaleidoscope is a lovely.  It has a slate base with pink, purple and blue reflects.  It is richly pigmented and as it's a loose pigment, it's a good idea to do your eye-makeup first when applying this as there could be fall out.  It doesn't really need to be applied wet to show off its beauty.  Using different colors bases will effect the colors it shows.


 While it is beautiful, I did find it to crease at the end of the day, even over a primer.  Patting this over a glitter glue does help with the creasing.


The worst part about this product is the packaging.  They recently changed up the packaging for the pigments.  I haven't had any problems with the old packaging.  I was very careful with these, because I had heard about the transportation issues.  But it still crumbled and broke.  I use this less that I want to because the packing is such a pain.  I can barely close it and there is broken plastic in the pot.

It also leaks everywhere because it doesn't properly close.

If the packaging was redone, this would be a nice pigment.  It does crease and there may be fall out (the fall out is rather expected with this sort of product).  Because of these issues I haven't purchased more of the pigments since my original purchase.  Honestly, I'm not sure this worth $12.00 because of these issues, but again, fixing the packaging would go a long way to making it worth purchasing.

* I got Kaleidoscope with my own money I earned during my day job.  No one sent me products to review.

You Might Also Like

0 comments