Latest Posts

ColourPop Brow Pencil (Dope Taupe, Bangin' Brunette, and Blondie)

By 1:57 AM


Now, I have said for a long time that I like a firmer brow pencil as they tend to look more natural and last longer.  ColourPop just had to go throw a wrench in that.  Just so you know, I have been trying these out for about seven months.  I kinda forgot to review these and my former job had me in an unhappy place, so I didn't write as much, also I went on vacation not long after purchasing these.

Kings Row Cave

Glenwood Springs

Deer from Iron Mt. Tramway

Taylor on Alpine Coaster
See!  Proof that I wasn't just making excuses.  Okay, I probably mostly forgot to write about these.

Previously, my brow HG has been the Anastasia dip Brow Pomade in Dark Brown.  I have fine eyebrows and they need some help.  I am envious of people with those beautiful full brows that they can make dramatic and gorgeous.  I giggle when those people say they wish they had brows like mine because you can "create any shape" with mine.  Yes, if you draw them in and they look fake and weird.  I would rather pluck on the daily.

3 Shades of Brow Fun
I bought three shades to play with and give you some idea of how they look.  I got the pencil in Blondie because I had heard blonde brows can be tough to match and some are too warm or look strangely green.  I also got Dope Taupe because it's fairly middle ground and taupes can often be universal.  The last color I got was Bangin' Brunette because I figured it would look the best on me, as I have dark hair and brows.

All of these are $5.00 each for .003 oz of product.  For comparison, everyone's favorite brow pencil, Anastasia Brow Wiz is $21.00 for .003 oz.

The brow pencils are made in the USA, not tested on animals, vegan, and gluten free.  They ship everywhere except: China, Turkey, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cote D’Ivoire, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, the Crimean region of the Ukraine, Sudan and Syria.


The package is white with holographic lettering that rubs off easily.  One end has a roll up pencil that can break if you roll too far.



The other end has a stiff spooly that works well to blend out the product.


All 3 colors
If you're used to Brow Wiz this might be a little different for you as ABH Brow Wiz is a stiffer product.  The ColourPop Brow Pencil is creamy, but instead of being the fail I expected, it allowed me to blend well with the spooly and get a fairly natural look.

As you can see, Blondie is cool toned and light. It definitely doesn't pull green and I think would look very flattering on people with light brows.   Dope Taupe is a little warm but is a great for most people.  If you have very ashy hair, these may not work.  Bangin' Brunette is quite dark and also feels quite cool.

Dope Taupe
Bangin' Brunette









The down fall of being so creamy is that they definitely benefit from a brow gel to help hold the color and your brows in place.  As you can see, I don't have that on my brows (nor am I wearing eyeshadow).  In person, Bangin' Brunette is a little more dramatic and I actually find myself wearing Dope Taupe on a daily basis.  I am on my second Dope Taupe already.

Overall, the price is good and that really helps because people often go through brow products.  A nice brow can help even a no makeup look.  The Colourpop Brow Pencils have good pigmentation and they last quite a while, but could last longer.  Additional product can help prolong the longevity (creme products, powder, or gel). Maybe Colourpop will come out with a brow gel.  ColourPop also has a wide range of colors, which can make it easier to match your own brows and to get multiple colors to customize your look.

* I browed down and purchased my own brow products, some more than others.

You Might Also Like

0 comments