Latest Posts

ColourPop Crème Gel Liner No Shame

By 12:23 AM

If you remember my posts from the original releases of ColourPop Crème Gel Liners, the pots can be hit or miss while the pencil liners tend to be fairly good.  I had the ColourPop Crème Gel Liner Pencil in No Shame for a long time before I took the plunge and bought the No Shame Crème Gel Pot. To be honest, I liked the liner and I was scared that the gel liner would be crumbly or not very pigmented.  I've had that experience with several of the gel pots.


No Shame is made in the USA, not tested on animals, and gluten free.  They ship everywhere except: China, Turkey, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cote D’Ivoire, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, the Crimean region of the Ukraine, Sudan and Syria.  I have heard that shipping can still be pretty expensive and some people prefer to use Shipitto.

Most items from ColourPop are vegan, however both the liner and the pot are not vegan.  If you ever want to know if the item you like is vegan, just visit ColourPop's FAQ.  They are very open about it.  Also, I have written ColourPop because I saw carmine in a product that was not vegan and was all confuzzled.  They use a generic list of ingredients for most products, so the product I was confused about did not actually contain carmine.

They were also very quick about replying and super nice about it.  After working in customer service and retail, I truly appreciate good customer service (and can be somewhat critical of it) and ColourPop has been great with any issue I have had.


 So, let's break this down.  First off, we have the liner pencil.  This is .2 grams of product for a whopping $5.00.  I know, it seems super cheap.  My former love liner was the Urban Decay 24/7 liner which is $20.00.  However that is 1.2 grams.  So, the price doesn't end up being that big a breaking point, unless you figure that you usually don't end up using a whole color.  This is also a roll up liner.  No sharpening needed.


The gel liner is $6.00 for a 3 gram pot.  The other gel pot liner I use the most is the Maybelline New York Eye Studio which is also 3 grams but for about $9.00 (this can depend on where you buy and if you have a coupon).

No Shame Pencil
I have green eyes and I have to admit, I love my black liner.  But I adore purples.  This blacken violet with a cool undertone seemed like a no brainer.  It truly was.  The pencil liner is creamy, but not too creamy.  It builds well and lasts about seven and a half hours.  It adds a nice dark pigment, but it's subtly different from black and adds a little brightening to my eyes.  With brown or green eyes this is amazing and looks pretty on blue eyes too.  I wear this almost daily and am still on my first one.  Oh no.  I may need another soon.

Another bonus is that it is very comfortable to wear with contacts.  I haven't had any irritation, nor does it make my eyes watery or film over.  It can break if rolled up too far, so use caution at that point.

As I said before, this made me nervous because I really love the pencil liner but the pots have not been overly awesome.  I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a pot.

No Shame, again
To my surprise, this gel liner was actually really good.  It has good pigment, is creamy, and it lasts for about ten hours.  It is a little deeper and richer than the pencil liner.  It doesn't skip on the skin and dries quickly.  So, if you're planning to smudge it, do it one eye at a time, otherwise, you aren't moving this.  This is a matte color as well, so those who hate shiny liners will be happy with this.

It also doesn't lift off when I go back in to curl my eyelashes once this is dry, which my Maybelline is extremely guilty of.

In the end, I was very surprised by the pot and I have the pencil in HG status.  This color isn't going to be in your face or wild.  But it is a staple that would be beautiful with every eye color.

* I have no shame in admitting I purchased this myself.

You Might Also Like

0 comments