Latest Posts

November 2016 Glossybox (US) First Look

By 5:15 PM

Hi friends!  Glossybox came before Boxycharm this month!  I know, *gasp.*  I'm not sure if I've even put up a Glossybox yet. 😲  Glossybox is a $21.00 a month subscription box.  This is my referral link, you don't have to use it.  They have a "Glossydots" point system.  You do surveys on your box for 20 points each and referring a friend is 1000 points.  You can get a free box for 1k points.

Glossybox
Glossybox comes in a pretty pink box that is fairly sturdy and good to reuse.


It is usually well packaged and comes with a card that not only lists the items you receive, but gives their full size prices and a good description of each item.

Psssst!
First in the box was the Psssst! Instant Dry Shampoo.  The full size is 5.3 oz and is $6.99.  There are three scents and I got the original scent.  It smells like a typical cheap dry shampoo, so not awesome, but not quite bug spray.  I have dark hair and it didn't leave a white cast, but I also took the time to work it in.  It did refresh my 2nd day old hair quite well.

Borghese
Next was the Borghese Fango Body Refining Polish, the full size is 8 oz for $49.00.  This is a sugar based scrub with Jojoba butter in it.  It has a green, earthy scent that reminds me of a spa.  It is supposed to be slightly moisturizing.  I like to use a scrub on my legs before shaving, so I am definitely looking forward to trying this.

Palmetto
So, a while back Boxycharm sent us the full size of this.  It's the Palmetto Derma Rejuventating Antioxidant Mask.  The full size is 1.75 oz and is a whopping $64.00.  Some people had some issues with feeling like this burned their skin, so I would definitely do a spot test if you haven't had this before.  I like it.  I usually use this in my T Zone or on blemishes and it seems to pull up whatever gunk lurks below.  This is vegan and cruelty free and made in the US.

Lycopene
Up next was a sample of the Lycopene Crema Rinnovante which is formulated in Italy.  A 30 ml full size is usally $85.25 but right now is on sale for $44.25.  It is supposed to nourish and hydrate your skin with lycopene and astaxanthin.  It also has 19 other botanicals including: sweet almond oil, witch hazel, rosemary, burdock root etc.  It is supposed to offer protection against UVA rays, which at my altitude, I definitely appreciate.  It is paraben free and not tested on animals.



De Bruyère
The last item was from De Bruyère Beauté, it's a jumbo eyeshadow pencil that is made in Spain.  It is a full size 1.7 grams and is $17.00.  It has a very emollient feel to it.  So, while it might feel good when you put this on, I have to wonder if it creases or would slide off oily skin.  I would definitely use a primer with this and maybe another color powder over it.  It might work out really well for people with dry eye lids though.

Overall, I was happy with this box.  It didn't knock my socks off, but I still like what I received and am looking forward to trying the products.

* I bought my own box with my own dried up bank account.

You Might Also Like

0 comments