Latest Posts

ColourPop Ultra Metallic Lip Mug Shot

By 10:39 PM

Lastly in my lineup of ColourPop Ultra Metallic Lips, Mug Shot is probably my favorite.  When ColourPop, my favorite Indie Brand, reached 3 million Instagram subscribers they announced that they would be releasing three new metallic shades, one of them was my new buddy.


ColourPop
 Mug Shot is made in the USA, not tested on animals, vegan, and gluten free.  They ship everywhere except: China, Turkey, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cote D’Ivoire, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, the Crimean region of the Ukraine, Sudan and Syria.  I have heard that shipping can still be pretty expensive and some people still prefer to use Shipitto.

ColourPop is well known for its amazing pricing.  It is only $6.00 for 2.85 grams of product.

Ultra Metallic Lip
Mug Shot comes in the same packaging as their other liquid formulas.  The main body of the package is clear, allowing you to see into this package of bottled autumn.  The brand is printed on the package with holographic lettering that will rub off in a few months.  Unlike the majority of ColourPop lip products, this has no scent.  There is a faint chemical smell, but it is not nearly as pronounced as some other liquid lipsticks I've huffed.  The cap is silver with a silver band on the main body right next to it.

Mug Shot
Drops mic.  That's all folks.






Umm, okay, not really.  Mug Shot is a gorgeous garnet red.  It has some rusty tones that really makes one feel the autumn vibe when wearing it.  It does have a doe foot applicator that somehow feels a little fluffier than the one for Salt.  Unfortunately, for some reason, I didn't take a picture of it.  My bad.

Too many swatches today, colors outside the lines.
 In case I haven't been totally obvious so far, I love this shade.  It is red enough to be classy, but has a burnt metallic feel that makes it different.  It is opaque and has a semi mousse feel, but not thick by any means.  It will feel tacky for quite a while but does dry down to a similar feel to the Ultra Satin Lips.  It is very comfortable and while it isn't moisturizing, it doesn't settle into the lines like their other metallics do. It does transfer, but not so much that your bartender will give you that look while they run your last glass of Riesling through the wash.  It lasts about five hours.  It does wear off patchily but doesn't fade in a horrific way that will leave you embarrassed after sauntering home from said bar.

For $6.00 this one is a winner.  I think it would work on so many skin tones and while it is warm, I still slather it on.

P.S. Totally off topic, but I'm thinking of getting holographic with my nails, does anyone have any recommendations of good ones?

Kisses, my friend!

* I totally purchased my own Mug Shot with my own money.  No need to steal this, even though the irony of having this in a mug shot does not escape me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments