Latest Posts

ColourPop Frida Lippie Stix and Pencil

By 6:21 PM

After I tried the ColourPop color that Kathleen Lights came out with, Lumière, (the review is here) I kind of fell in love with it.  I have been wearing it a lot lately.  I really like how long it lasts and at my job there isn't much time for touch ups.

I also loved the price and that they are cruelty free.  I decided to make another order.  Lumière was a winner and I thought I would try another one of their collaboration colors.  It was $5.00 for the Lippie Stix and $5.00 for the Lippie Pencil.

This time I chose Frida, the color created by CoffeeBreakwithDani.  It came out in October of 2014.  Yes, I know, I'm not exactly with the late breaking news there. ColourPop is a new thing for me!

Dani's very peppy.  She is a stay at home mom who does videos.  She named the color after Frida Kahlo.  Dani felt that Frida was "tenacious" and always "followed her heart."

The name rolls off Dani's tongue in a way that would fall flat if I tried it lol.  It's a warm nude pinky peach with a satin finish.  She wanted a pigmented lipstick that wasn't too drying.


The Lippie Stix are in a roll up stick.
The color is warm, and not my erm...cup of coffee for every day.  But I think in the spring, this might get more wear.  It's not horribly warm though, where I look in the mirror and go "Ahhh!"

The pencil and the lipstick are very similar in color,
If you like warm colors and peachy pink is your thing, this will be a good every day color for you.

 I really think this would look great on tan people, or people with darker skin than me.  Or people with a warm skin tone.

It applies smoothly with both the pencil and the lipstick.  The formula is opaque and it is creamy.  It feels great on the lips.  It has good lasting power and does matte down after a little while.  It has a nice scent, sort of vanilla, but not MAC vanilla.  It doesn't have a cheap lipstick scent.

She has a lot of positive thought behind the color, which I will try to remember when I wear it and hope I can bring that into my day.

For $10.00 for both, this is a great price and can help your make-up addiction hurt your wallet a little less.

* ColourPop only sends me Lippie Stix and Pencils because I pay for them.

You Might Also Like

0 comments