Latest Posts

Anastasia Beverly Hills Pure Hollywood Liquid Lipstick

By 3:27 PM , , ,

Anastasia
After seeing Anastasia liquid lipsticks, I was dying to try them.  I just kept putting it off because I wanted to use Ebates and I like buying makeup from Sephora.  Then Sephora got these lipsticks and I was super excited.  I immediately bought Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Pure Hollywood.   They are only selling six of the colors right now.
   
Pure Hollywood
It's $20.00 for .11 oz and made in the USA.  It is cruelty free.


The packaging is lovely.  This is the sort of makeup that vloggers prominently display on their vanities for a reason.  The cap is silver, there is a rose gold border with a cut design that shows the lipstick color through it.  The brand is printed in black on the tube.


Pure Hollywood is a peachy beige with a touch of pink.  Even on my cool skin this is a pretty nude.



It has doe foot applicator.  I don't mind these applicators, but you may want to wipe off the excess product before applying.  I did use the applicator to apply in the picture below, but you may find it easier to use a lipstick brush.


This is a pretty color, I found it easy to apply.  It does have good pigmentation.  It will settle into your lines and flakes you didn't know you had.  So, if you think your lips are in good condition and that you can just apply it, ignore yourself.  Exfoliate and moisturize prior to using this anyways.  If you don't...


It only got worse.  About the third hour I was in the Aquaphor.  Without doing that, this lasts about five hours.  Using the chap stick made it more comfortable but it shortened the lasting power.

It will be a little tacky when you first apply it.  You can fuss with it for a few seconds, but you want to be careful because it may pull up a little.  Maybe it's Pure Hollywood because it can be kinda fussy?

This isn't bad.  But I don't think it's worth $20.00.  You can get cheaper liquid lipsticks that will look better on the lips and last longer.

*I purchased this all by myself.  No one sent me this, asked me to try it, and no one thought I should review it, except for me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments