Latest Posts

Makeup Geek Foiled Eye-Shadow In the Spotlight Review

By 3:32 PM

After I tried Makeup Geek Foiled Eye-Shadows in Mesmerized and Houdini, I wasn't thinking I wanted any more of them.  I don't think they're horrible, they just didn't live up to the hype and they do take some work.

Then came the "shopping list."  I did say that I bought Young Wild and Polished's face in the video and the foiled shadow was no exception.  Yes, I had some consternation, yes, I bought it anyways.  The Makeup Geek Foiled Eye-Shadow in the color In the Spotlight is $9.99 for a 1.8 g refill pan.

In the Spotlight
The description calls this, "soft pink with coral undertones."  On me the coral doesn't come through so much as the pink and I'm so happy, because the coral actually is what was scaring me off.

The lighting in this made more of the peach pull out.
I think this is one of those colors that changes slightly based on the color of your skin and the lighting.  It helps make it more flattering.  This is just as soft as the other foiled eye-shadows and you will have to be careful not to damage your pan.  I found this one to be the easiest to work with because the way you apply this and where are the best ways to avoid creases in these shadows.

As I mentioned in my review on Mesmerized and Houdini these shadows do crease and can have fall out and you should use a primer with them, in spite of what the advertising says.  After that, you should apply some sort of base color.  It can be a shade close to your skin if you're using it for a simple look or a darker shadow if you want more of a pop.  Either way, you need the dry base for this to cling to.  Then, make sure you aren't applying in an area that you are crease prone.

This color works well with those tips, either all over the lid or dotted in the center of the lid over other shadows or in the corner of the eye.  Because that's what I wanted this shadow for, I'm much happier with this shadow than I was with the other two.  Plus, I was already expecting to be disappointed, so this shadow had no where to go but up lol.

* I didn't find this product at the end of a candy trail.  I bought this with my own money.

You Might Also Like

0 comments