Latest Posts

ColourPop Cricket Super Shock Shadow

By 12:16 AM

When I first saw the mesijesisbeauty video I linked in my blog about Ibiza, she mentioned Cricket.  I have to admit, I totally overlooked it in the ColourPop store.  I don't know what's wrong with me.  But the video made me curious.  You know what happens when I'm curious about eye-shadow?  It so kills my wallet.

Cricket
ColourPop is not tested on animals, is made in the USA, is vegan, and is $5.00 for .07 oz.  So that at least lessened the damage to my wallet, the whole five dollar thing. The consistency is different, it's like a cream who had a crisis and just wanted to be a powder.  Everyone has a dream, right?


ColourPop's Super Shock Shadow in Cricket is in their metallic formula.  Which is a favorite of mine.  It has some glitter, good pigmentation, and this picture in no way does it justice.  It is long lasting and I have not had any problems with this creasing.



It is a smokey plum color, but your undertones are going to really decide what this color becomes on you.  If you're warmer it may pull a little more on the brown side and if you're cooler it will lean more plum.  When I saw it, I instantly thought of Laura Mercier's Caviar Stick in Amethyst, which is a pearlized mauve color, and is $28.00 for a .05 oz stick.

Left to Right: CP Cricket and LM Amethyst
As you can see, they are in no way dupes.  Amethyst is warmer and definitely more mauve than plum.  Cricket is also more glittery.  On warmer skin tones Cricket may hit a little closer though.  You can use Cricket in places where you might want to use Amethyst though, like in this super pretty look by MakeupbyTiffanyD. Even if you can't afford Chanel Fauve ($29.00 for .07 oz single pan), Cricket would just work there in place of both as it adds a touch of glitter and a subtle plum tone.  Fauve does look pretty over Cricket, but it's surprisingly sheer, so don't think you need to run out and get it if you don't have it.

I love Cricket.  I am a sucker for purple and I love how this works with different skin tones.  On brown or green eyes this will be amazing, but it should also look pretty with blue.  It's just a very lovely shadow that you can build up or sheer down and create some fun looks.  I have mostly been wearing it in the Tiffany D way or in a smokey eye.

* I let my conscious be my guide with this purchase and got my cricket on.  No one paid me to review this or sent it to me out of the kindness of their heart.

You Might Also Like

0 comments