Latest Posts

July 2015 Birchbox First Look

By 7:25 PM

Birchbox is another $10.00 per month subscription box.  It has sample sized beauty items.  They have both men's and women's boxes.  The men's boxes are $20.00 and sometimes they make me jealous.  I really like their points system.  You receive 10 pts per review and 50 for referring friends.  100 pts is $10.00 in the Birchbox store and you can use it towards anything in their store.  
Another fun box
This year Birchbox has had some fun boxes.  The print on this one was very vibrant and summery.  Next month's box looks beyond adorable and they have some nice things on the picks for next month.


This month's theme was Go Bold.  Birchbox always includes a card with the prices and is very helpful.

Avène
My first item was the Avène Eau Thermale.  I know these things are pretty gimmicky, but some part of me wanted to try this.  This thermal water is supposed to be healing and refreshing.  It 's $18.00 for 10.5 oz.  

Amika
Next up was another item was pretty excited to try.  I keep thinking I want to try a texturizing spray and then Birchbox sends me one.  The Amika Un.done Texture Spray has Sea Buckthorne Berry and zeolite.  It is $23.99 for 5.3 oz.  It has a light scent that is nice and has a leaping bunny.

Dr. Jart+
The next item was another I was thrilled to receive.  It was the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Liquid.  It's supposed to provide a barrier against moisture loss.  It has a chemical scent.  It's $39.00 for 5 oz in the full size.  I have tried it before and loved it, I did have a friend that it made break out, so this probably isn't for the super sensitive. 

Caudalie
Oh man, this box is on a roll.  I've also really wanted to try this as well.  As a general rule, I'm a fan of Caudalie.  At least, my skin is.  My wallet, not so much.  Caudalie's Divine Oil is $49.00 for 3.4 oz.  They also have a .5 oz for $9.00 and 1.7 oz for $32.00.  The site calls this "subtle" and I will respectfully disagree.  This scent is strong, but not overpowering and may irritate the skin of people who are sensitive.  It does fade quickly though.  It looks as though the full size has a spray and that might help to make a lighter scent as only a little will come out.

Stila

My next item was the one I got to pick early.  It's the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in the color Bella and $24.00 for the full size .10 oz.  First off, I love the new packaging on these lipsticks.  I have a post with Patina in the old packaging here.  This is a very bright pink and I love a bright pink lipstick, but not everyone would feel the same.  It is long lasting and quite opaque.  It does transfer at first and doesn't fully last through eating.  I was very happy to receive this in my box.

Previously it had been Birchbox: 3 to Ipsy: 4.  I have to say that Birchbox tore this box war up for me and the score is now tied 4 to 4.


* I pay for my own Birchbox subscription.

You Might Also Like

0 comments