Latest Posts

April 2015 Ipsy First Look

By 6:27 PM

So, Birchbox had a super cute box.  On to Ipsy!  Ipsy is the other monthly subscription service I use.  It is also $10.00 a month.  The points system isn't that great.  But it does give you a cute bag.  I have been thinking about trying BoxyCharm, it's $21.00 a month.  Let me know if you want to see me with this box as well!  Oh, I'm also thinking about trying the ColourPop eye-shadows as well.  Does anyone want to see that?

Ipsy's theme was Beautifully Bohemian Spring.  The bag definitely fits the theme and is kinda cute.

My cute bag.
Okay, so I'm ready to dig in!  How about you?

So, my first item was the KCO Colors lipstick in the color Natural Born.  It's creamy, doesn't last long, and in that ever popular 1990's neutral ruddy color.  It broke.  I have never broke a lipstick.  It wasn't even the stick.  It's the inner tube.  So, yeah.  That's a thing.  It seems to retail for $8.00.





My next item was the Mica Beauty Eye Primer.  I think it might be similar in color to the MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot.  It's supposed to be waterproof.  It is $45.00 for a full size!  The brand is supposed to be all natural and mineral.  It doesn't appear to be cruelty free.








Olive Lip Balm
My next item is the Olive Natural Beauty Oats and Honey Lip Balm.  It smells like honey.  The company is a great sounding company that uses organic ingredients and olive oil.  They don't test on animals, use silicone, parabens, sulfates, or pesticides.  However, this stick is hard as a rock.  It also appears to be broken, because I can't roll it up or down.  It is $5.95 for the full size.


Moving right along, my next item is The Balm the Nude Dude in the color Flirty.  This month you either got the color Flirty - shimmery golden violet or Fit - shimmering copper.  I'm very happy with the color I received.  It's not intensely pigmented, but it is pretty.  The Nude Dude palette is $36.00 and has 12 full sized eye-shadows.

Julie G color in Damsel
My last item is the Julie G nail polish in the color Damsel.  I have been looking to try these nail polishes.  How much fun would it be to have your own nail polish line?  Don't have a color, invent it!  Poof periwinkle creme!  I have a thing for periwinkle right now.  Don't judge!  This is a bright pink with good pigmentation.  Judging by the random stripe I painted on one of my nails, it also appears to dry quickly.  It is $3.99 for a full sized bottle of this polish and I will be trying this polish out tonight.  How pretty would this look on the toes?  We both know the answer to that.  It says that it is cruelty free and has a bunny!  It doesn't say anything about being formaldehyde free though, I have a sister who is allergic to that, so that's a bit disappointing.

Soooooo.  In the battle this month, I think it's pretty easy to tell that Ipsy won by a nude guy and pink nail polish.  I'm not sure how those make numbers but I'm not a mathmagician ;) (yes, I made up a word there, it's fun!)

This brings our score to Birchbox: 1 vs Ipsy: 3.

* The elves that bring me Ipsy bags also thoughtfully deduct $10.00 from my bank account.

You Might Also Like

0 comments