Latest Posts

Spring 2015 Shower Favorites

By 5:11 PM

There is nothing quite like a shower for making one feel clean, so why does it feel so naughty to talk about it?  Dirty!  Anyways, I'm going to talk about a few of my favorite products for that special lather fun time we all enjoy to varying degrees at fluctuating intervals.  Except the rubber ducky, we're on the outs right now...

Is it any surprise that my first two items were totally influenced by YouTube?  It's because I have a blog, right?  I have to try new things and write about them.  I'm totally trying to justify it.  Even without the blog I would have bought them.  Let's be real!

The first one Kathleen Lights talked about in her 2015 February Favorites.  Not the first product I've bought from her videos, I'm sure it won't be the last (I actually have another item on order that will arrive tomorrow).  It's the L'Occitane Cleansing and Softening Shower Oil with Almond Oil.

Mmmm Amande!
I imagine that this is what showering in Heaven is like.  If there are showers in Heaven.  At first I was daunted by the price, I bought the 8.4 oz for $25.00.  I know.  That's some liquid gold.  You don't need a whole lot, so it will last a while.  I don't regret it one bit.  I will buy it again.

At first the thought of a shower oil is a little odd.  But I've showered with coconut oil, so what the heck, right?  It's not like that.  It will foam up in the shower, but not super suds or something.  It smells beautiful, like baking with almond extract.  It rinses clean without a heavy oily feeling and if you don't fully rinse it you still feel nice and not like that dry soap feel.  It leaves your skin silky and soft.  When you use this, you feel pampered.  If you can't afford to take yourself to the spa or go on vacation, buy this and feel instantly luxurious.  It is perfect for winter and I think will also be great for people who tan, because it will help keep your skin soft and not dry out with the tanning.  I enjoy shaving with this as well.  It's just fabulous.

*EDIT* After finishing about 1/2 of my bottle, the scent changed.  It changed to a sometimes wet dog, sometimes mildew scent.  Either way it's unpleasant.  If you're going to get this, I would stick with the small size, so that hopefully it doesn't change scents on you.  Has anyone else experienced this if you own this product?

My next item, I totally blame on Manny.  I'm actually mad at Manny for this.  Okay, not really mad.  Technically, this is an after shower item.  But I lotion so close to getting out of the shower that it's practically the same thing.  Again, I rationalize.  So, this is The Righteous Butter by Soap and Glory.  Manny mentioned this in his February 2015 Favorites.


Soap and Glory!
It is wonderful.  It smells nice, it's rich and creamy.  It sinks into the skin and isn't greasy.  It's not horribly expensive at $15.00 for 10.1 oz.

Can you see how thick and delicious that it?  Don't eat it.  Not delicious in that way!
Between this and the oil, my skin is like perfection.  It's smooth and soft and I smell wonderful.  Then I get the bad news.  Sephora isn't carrying Soap and Glory anymore.  I'm so crushed!  I hope this just means that they're bringing in something really cool.  But darn Manny getting me all hooked on a feeling and then Sephora takes it away!  Insert sad face.

My last favorite I kinda mentioned.  Well, I mentioned needing shampoo and that I was using my Birchbox points to get it.  I love my It's a 10.  I have been using it for a long while and the idea of separating from it was difficult.  But it is pricey and hair needs a change.  So, I browsed Birchbox and came to this brand.  I wasn't expecting too much from it.  I chose the Baine de Terre Keratin Phyto-Protein Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner.  Normally it's $12.00 for the shampoo, which is pretty reasonable and $13.50 for the conditioner.  I did buy the set with the shampoo and the styling oil for $21.00.

Phyto-Protein Shampoo
I decided to go with a strengthening shampoo because I have fine hair and it breaks fairly easily.  I also color my hair because hey, I'm getting grey.  This stuff really surprised me.  It might be partially because switching shampoo makes your hair happy.  But I have had great hair days.  It feels moisturized, it's soft, shiny, and it stays nice for days.  I also had a little dry patch on my scalp (eww, I know), and this has been healing it.  I have also been experiencing less hair shedding in the shower!  I like the smell, it smells like typical salon shampoo that isn't the Aveda type.  Kind of sweet and pleasant.  I love that it's sulfate free.

It might not be the best for oily hair though.  Let me know if you've tried it and have oily hair!

So, that's it.  These are my favorite items right now :)

* I bought all products with my own money or points used from my own money.

You Might Also Like

0 comments