Latest Posts

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer VS Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

By 5:49 PM

So, when YouTube began to sing it's praises to the concealer known as the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, I bought in.  I'm a dark circle having sort of woman.  It comes from equal parts genetics and having a job.  You know, life, it's a thing.  I don't get too many break outs, just the occasional hormonal one.  Jaclyn made me believe I should be using a lighter concealer to help create dimension on my face.  You know part of the problem here?  Being this pale means a lot of companies don't make a color to do that.

I decided that I still wanted to give it go.  I like it, it has good coverage, doesn't dry out under my eyes, and it mostly matches my skin tone.  It is $29.00 *gulp* for .22 oz.

Enter Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, which is .23 oz for $5.48 (Drugstore.com has it for $4.38).  It has been called a dupe for the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer.  At that price difference, it was worth checking it out.


The packaging looks very similar, although the Nars has a matte top, which looks slightly more classy to me.  Although the Nars packaging looks slightly more substantial, there is more product in the Maybelline.  Just barely.

Top to Bottom: Nars and Maybelline
Both have doe foot applicators.  The applicator on the Nars is slightly larger and fluffier.  Not like fluffy kitty fluffy.  Just a little more cushy.

Left to Right: Nars Radiant Creamy and Maybelline Fit Me 
They both have about the same initial pigmentation but the Fit Me blends out a little more sheer than the Radiant Creamy.  The texture was very similar with the Radiant Creamy being just a little thicker than the Maybelline Fit me.

Left to Right: Maybelline FM and Nars RC
As for color variety, the Nars would win.  It has about double the shades available with ten shades available on the Sephora website.  There are six shades of the Fit Me available on the Drugstore.com website.  I like both because I can use Ebates for them.  I love me some money back.  The Fit Me was a little lighter than the Radiant Creamy, which made it almost a highlight.  I know, amazing.

I think that if you find a shade that suits you, the Fit Me is a pretty darned good dupe.  Neither one creased on me with application similar to the Jaclyn Hill video.  Standard Application Procedures Include (for me): applying the concealer in a triangle under my eyes from the edges of my nose to the outer side of my eyes, blending in with a dampened Beauty Blender Sponge, and setting with a powder almost immediately.  If you need more coverage, you may like the Nars a little better.

For now, I think I will be sticking with the Maybelline, until I try the Kat Von D Lock It Concealer....

* No concealer gnomes concealed a gift of concealer anywhere for me.  I bought both from aforementioned websites with my own ungnome given money.


You Might Also Like

0 comments