Latest Posts

Makeup Geek Drama Queen Review

By 10:19 AM

Even though it is no longer March, I still have more Make-up Geek eye-shadow I want to share.  I love purple.  But it can be hard to find good purple eye-shadow.  MAC's purples are very hit or miss.  You can have a pretty one but most are patchy, powdery, or terrible in pigmentation.  When I saw Drama Queen I knew I wanted it, but I was worried that it would be MAC all over again.

Drama Queen

Makeup Geek Drama Queen is the usual $5.99 for a 1.8 g pan.  It is a deep shimmering plum.  The shimmer is a light purple or pink.  On the eyes the shimmer isn't over the top, just a bare hint of a shimmer that makes it interesting.  With MAC Fix + or eye drops you can turn this a little more metallic for even more fun with your eye-shadow.

Swatchy fun time.

This color is very buttery and pigmented.  It can be a bit powdery because of the high pigmentation, so make sure to tap off your brush and/or do your eye makeup before your foundation so you can clean up any fall out.  Drama Queen makes for a beautiful smokey eye or just to darken up the outer v or to blend out eyeliner.  It's really a good color, it blends fairly well but can be blended out a little too much.

I do think Marlena and her team have a winner in this eye-shadow.  You can see it in action in the beautiful mermaid look by MysteseBeauty and in this Purple Smokey Eye by Janani Selvaradj (this video is in French, but even if you don't speak French, she's very easy to follow).

* I bought my Drama Queen with my own hard earned money.  I didn't even have to be dramatic to get it!


You Might Also Like

0 comments