Latest Posts

ColourPop Fairfax Super Shock Shadow

By 12:23 PM

This will be the last of the mattes I purchased from ColourPop in my last round of shopping fun time.  I picked up ColourPop's Fairfax because it looked like a beautiful chocolaty brown and I was hoping that it would fill the void of the color I dreamed MAC's Mystery would be.

Yay!  A box!
As usual, ColourPop shadows are $5.00 each and contain .21 g.

Fairfax
Fairfax is a cool toned matte deep brown.  It also comes in the usual plastic container that you want to make sure to full close to keep the texture in tact.

Swatched up
As you can see, this has great pigmentation.  As with the other mattes I purchased, I've found that the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush works really well for applying these.  It is dense enough to pick up the color but soft enough that it blends it out as you apply it.  The Real Techniques brush is not very expensive either.  You can get it in a set of five different brushes for $17.99.

Left to Right: CP Fairfax and MAC Mystery
Fairfax is not a dupe for Mystery, it is definitely more chocolaty and Mystery has a grey-plum tone.  Also the pigmentation and texture is very different.  Fairfax lasts all day on your eyes and does not crease.  I was pretty impressed.

* I bought my own matte brown from ColourPop.  No one sent me anything for free, asked me to review, or thought I should put them in my blog.

You Might Also Like

0 comments