Latest Posts

Shaaanxo x ColourPop Super Shock Quad

By 11:48 PM

I've wanted to get this quad for quite some time.  I have watched Shaaanxo for quite a while now and several months ago she collaborated with ColourPop to create a palette.  After I've discovered that I do like ColourPop shadows, I decided I wanted to try this out as well.

So shiny!
The Shaaanxo x ColourPop Super Shock Quad is $20.00.  It has four containers, packaged in their usual little round pots that have to be closed tightly to keep the consistency preserved.

The box hides the magic
There are two shades in matte and two in pearlized.  They are all 2.1 grams and have the same wonderful creamy powder consistency.


Selfie
The first shade is Selfie.  It's a warm toned peachy brown.  It's a matte shade that really works as a transition color.  It's kind of like the thought behind Too Faced color, Peanut Butter.  It's good to warm up a cool look.  If you are warm toned this would also look good all over the lid as a simple look.  It has decent pigmentation and blends out well.




Rebel
The next matte shadow is the color Rebel.  It's a pretty shade of khaki green.  It is better suited to warm skin tones, but if you have hazel or brown eyes I think this would look very good on you.  The pigmentation on this one is decent, not as good as some of the others.



Deluxe
Deluxe is the third color in the quad.  It's a gorgeous dark bronze in a pearlized finish.  Maybe the pearlized are a little less glittery than the metallics?  This one has good pigmentation and blends out well.  This is more suited to warm tones as well, but would look really pretty with just about any color.



XO
The last color is my favorite, it's called XO and is pearlized.  It's a pretty champagne color.  It has good pigmentation, blends out well, and like all the others, lasts all day.  This color really is the star of the show.  It is great as an inner corner highlight, brow bone highlight, all over the lid, in the center of your bottom lip, or for the more daring, on the cheek bones.  It's very intense, but unlike a powder, it doesn't cling to lines or anything.



Overall, I like this palette, even though it isn't really for cool skin tones.  If you have cool skin tones you might like this best if you're a fan of Shannon.  Or if you've fallen for XO.  If you have hazel eyes, you'll love Rebel (although because it's a matte formula and the pigmentation is so-so you might fall out of love).  If you're warm skin toned, this would be very nice on you.  Even on me the Selfie color does need a little layering to show up, so it will need some work if you are darker in skin tone than me.

* I bought this quad all by myself.  No one sent me XO with hugs and kisses.

You Might Also Like

0 comments