Latest Posts

Boxycharm June 2015 First Look

By 8:08 PM

I haven't had Boxycharm long, but I'm pretty excited about receiving boxes.  The value on these boxes is usually pretty good so far.  Boxycharm is a monthly subscription box that you pay $21.00 a month for and so far I've received mostly full sized products.

Attack of pink worms
This month had the theme of Sea la Vie, which was a cute play on words and had my imaginiation going.  I was imagining a box full of Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream nail polish type things.  Maybe a little French twist or something.
Eslor
My first item was a full size mask.  Yay for that.  It was the Eslor Chlorophyll Lifting Mask and is $38.00 for a full size .5 oz container.  It's supposed to improve circulation, tighten, and fade those fine lines.  It doesn't have the most amazing scent ever, but it's not perfumed.  It's a gel consistency and a bright green.  I'm pretty excited to give it a go, I like masks.

Bellapierre
Next in the box was a brush, again, yay! It's the Bellapierre Kabuki Brush, it's a full size and sells for $29.99.  It's soft and dense with synthetic bristles.  It's also cruelty free.  I do like getting brushes, so I was happy about that.  It's a reasonable size, not very large or small.  I'm just not sure I'd pay that much for this brush.

My next item I thought was a deluxe sample.  It's actually the full size.  It's The Beauty Crop Lighting Crew, it's $18.00 for this full size which is .34 fl oz.  It's a pretty rose gold color, does blend out well, and shows up well, even on my pasty skin.  It's cruelty free, fragrance free, doesn't contain phthalates, mineral oil, or parabens.  It has a very light scent that is pleasant.  The packaging is very cute.  My package did explode all over me when I opened it, I guess it was happy to see me.  You don't need much of this, but it would be pretty in so many ways; mixed in with foundation, as a cheek or lip high light, mixed in with moisturizer for a light makeup day, in the corners of the eyes, on the collar bone, etc.

There was also a Cargo eye-shadow.  I was excited by the pretty pinky beige color they showed in the spoilers.  I ended up with the Cargo Eye Shadow in the color Babylon, which was also full size and sells for $16.00.  Blues might not be the best with my green eyes, but this pretty cobalt color is in so many make up looks on YouTube right now (mostly as a bottom liner.  But many are using it on the top or as an all over shadow).  Unfortunately, while the high lighter was excited to see me, this was broken up at the thought of coming to live with me.  I'm sad because I was going to give this away to a friend because I really don't need another blue eye-shadow right now.  On the plus side, I can fix it and the crumbles that fell out all over my bed sheets appeared to be quite pigmented.

Lastly, there was a nail polish, the NCLA Los Angeles Nudes nail polish in the color Volume IV, to be specific.  I really love nail polish, if I had a YouTube channel there would be tutorials!  I might not have received a pink beige eye-shadow, but I got it in nail polish, so that's nifty.  It's a pretty sandy color with a hint of pink.  I was happy with the pigmentation.  It two took coats to hide the nail design I had and there was black in it.  It's also 5 Free, vegan, and not tested on animals.  They have some really nice looking nudes on their site.  This is a full size and is $16.00.


This wasn't my favorite box.  It was sad that I have broken or exploding products.  However, I can fix the eye-shadow and the highlighter explosion was more funny than anything else, so I'm sure I'll survive.  If I would have bought all of these products, it would have cost me $117.99, since I paid $21.00, I'm pretty happy.

* I shelled out my $21.00 from my bank account to Boxycharm.


You Might Also Like

0 comments