Latest Posts

Birchbox June 2015 First Look

By 9:56 PM

My Birchbox arrived! It's $10.00 for a monthly subscription.  They have both men's and women's boxes but the men's box is $20.00.  I showed it in this post, in case people were curious about what the boys get.  I love their points system.  It's easy to rack up and spend the points.  You can refer friends for 50 pts, my link is here.  You also get points for reviewing products.  You can spend the points on anything in the store 100 pts = $10.00.

I wasn't completely fired up about last months sample choices but this month?  It looks great!!  You get to pick your shade of Stila Stay All Day Lipstick!  The plus items almost make me want them too!

Liking the box
The box this month was nice.  The theme this month was adventure and they also have a special give away that you have to enter a code that you got in your box.

Can you see the foil pack?
While I'm not into pink or orange, I really did like the box.  It just felt summery and like a sunset or sunrise.  Or a fruity drink.  Something fun like that.  They had two other box types you could get.

Klorane
My first item was a Klorane shampoo with mango butter.  It came with a bonus foil pack of their conditioner.  This does smell very much like mango.  So, that right there feels summery and fresh, although you may want to refrain from drinking the product.  The full size of this is $19.50 for a 13.4 fl oz bottle.  It is for dry hair and doesn't use silicones, SLS, or sodium chloride.

Clean
Speaking of fresh!  I also received a sample of Clean Fresh Laundry perfume.  It literally smells like clean laundry.  I both like the scent and kinda don't get it.  I love the smell of fresh laundry, but I wash my clothes to get that smell.  I also get it prolongs the scent and makes you smell good without being overly perfumed.  It is $38.00 for a 1 oz bottle.

A hair tie...
I know.  You're rocking the jealous face right now.  I got a hair tie.  It was a bonus item, so I shouldn't go too hard on this.  The L. Erickson Grab and Go Ponytail Holder is $18.00 for a full size container with 15 ponytail holders.  They are comfortable and are holding my fine hair very well.  I've heard they are also great for people with thick hair.  The material is soft and strong and doesn't feel like it's tugging on my hair and it doesn't look too bad on my wrist.  On the down side, I just taught my boyfriend's cat to play fetch and his favorite thing to play fetch with are my hair ties.  We'll see how long he lets me keep this.

Okay, I know I've been saying that blue doesn't look that great with my eyes, however that doesn't apply to eyeliner.  You have to have dark blue liners, they make you look more awake.  I received the Marcelle eyeliner in the color Indigo (a color that is supposed to be "in" for nails right now).  It isn't highly pigmented and was quite sheer when I applied it to my water line.  It's supposed to be water proof, gluten free, and fragrance free.  It's $11.00 for the full size.

Caudalie
I'm already a fan of Caudalie, the first time I used a micellar water, I used theirs.  I haven't met a product of theirs that I wasn't a fan of, although their toner is a bit brisk.  This is the Caudalie Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid.  It's supposed to give you a radiant completion and do well as a primer.  It does not contain parabens, phenoxyethanol, phthalates, SLS, mineral oils, or animal ingredients.  It is $49.00 for a full size 40 ml container.  Ouch.  Oh I'm worried I may like it!

Dr. Jart+
So, this was the sample I chose.  It's the Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear Micro Water, which is a cleansing water that brightens the skin.  It is $32.00 for the 8.4 oz full size.  Oh ouchies.  Another product I hope I don't fall in love with.  It does not contain parabens or sulfates.

I am having such a hard time deciding who won this month!  Oh fine!  Birchbox and Ipsy tie!  Birchbox: 3 Ispy: 4

Oh so every box was supposed to receive an Eyeko liner.  Unfortunately, they are stuck at customs right now.  Which is why we got the Marcelle.  What's up with the weird things being held at customs right now?  At Sam's Club you can't get the jalapenos, they're at customs as well?  So weird.  Anyways, the Eyeko pencils will come in a later box.

* No one paid for my adventure.  I took the plunge on my own with my own hard earned money.

You Might Also Like

0 comments